Re: How to start if upstream source contains pom.xml

Hi Emmanuel,

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 , Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> When dealing with a Maven project you "just" have to checkout the code
> and run mh_make. If all goes well this will create the packaging files
> and match the dependencies with the Debian packages.

I checked this and was stumbling upon

Resolving commons-fileupload:commons-fileupload:jar:1.2.2 of scope runtime...
[check dependency with bundle type]

In pom.xml: This dependency cannot be found in the Debian Maven repository. Ignore this dependency?  commons-fileupload:commons-fileupload:jar:1.2.2
[y/N] >
> dpkg --search /usr/share/maven-repo/commons-fileupload/commons-fileupload/*/*
dpkg failed to execute successfully
> apt-file search /usr/share/maven-repo/commons-fileupload/commons-fileupload
Found /usr/share/maven-repo/commons-fileupload/commons-fileupload/1.3.1/commons-fileupload-1.3.1.pom in libcommons-fileupload-java
Found /usr/share/maven-repo/commons-fileupload/commons-fileupload/debian/commons-fileupload-debian.pom in libcommons-fileupload-java
> dpkg --search /usr/share/java/commons-fileupload.jar
dpkg failed to execute successfully
> apt-file search /usr/share/java/commons-fileupload.jar
Found libcommons-fileupload-java
[error] Package libcommons-fileupload-java does not contain Maven dependency commons-fileupload:commons-fileupload:jar:1.2.2 but there seem to be a match
If the package contains already Maven artifacts but the names don't match, try to enter a substitution rule
of the form s/groupId/newGroupId/ s/artifactId/newArtifactId/ jar s/version/newVersion/ here:

What would be the correct answer at this point of the process.

> I took a quick look at the project, the structure is simple that's a
> good news. The bad news is the huge dependency list, many of them aren't
> packaged yet (I see Apache Tika in the pom, I'm finalizing this one and
> will post a RFS soon).

Is there some code in Git I could inspect / help with?

How do I get this "not yet packaged dependency list"?

> Feel free to ping me on IRC if you need some help with mh_make.

I'm offline today but may be I'll do so later.

Just some backround information:  I'll hold a packaging workshop at
21.+22.7. and the participants have choosen this package as their final
target.  So I could do some demonstration perhaps on the preconditions.

This demonstration includes asking questions to this list, using
IRC etc.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

PS: Please CC me - otherwise I'll break the thread in the archive
    since I'm not reading debian-java.  Thanks.

--
http://fam-tille.de