Re: Java 9 dropping support for source/target level 1.5

Le 16/07/2014 00:07, Rene Engelhard a écrit :

> This is nonsense. Not yet - not as long we want/need gcj (on some archs).

Fair enough. But we already have a lot of packages incompatible with gcj
in Jessie.

What are the Java applications we want/need on these archs? We should
probably document them and ensure their dependencies are not updated in
a way that renders them incompatible with gcj. And when the transition
to Java 9 starts these packages could be compiled with the Eclipse
compiler instead of javac.

Emmanuel Bourg