Re: RFC - more slightly shonky java packages

Hi Matthew,

On 20.02.2014 18:22, Matthew Vernon wrote:
[...]
> libopensaml2-java_2.6.1-1_all.deb
> depends upon
> libopenws-java_1.5.1-1_all.deb
> depends upon
> libxmltooling-java_1.4.2-1_all.deb

[...]
> I'd be interested in comments on all of these - are they good enough to
> be pushed into unstable? Some of them have old RFPs, others I'll have to
> make an ITP. I'm aware they're not perfect (docs and tests would seem
> like good goals), but I'd like to think they're almost good enough for
> unstable now.

just a few remarks for some of the packages. In general the basic maven
based packaging looks good. However I wouldn't patch the pom files
because that's what the mangling in maven.rules is for.

not-yet-commons-ssl source: source-contains-prebuilt-java-object
lib/commons-httpclient-3.0.jar

You need to remove all prebuilt jar files.

libopensaml2-java
libopenws-java
libxmltooling-java

Lintian emits:

debian-watch-file-is-missing
source-contains-svn-control-dir

If you really intend to maintain all of them for the foreseeable future,
I would start with

libnot-yet-commons-ssl-java
libowasp-antisamy-java
libowasp-esapi-java
libvt-ldap-java

and prepare them for experimental not unstable. However libraries should
be accompanied with documentation, so I would recommend to add -doc
packages to all of them too.

Then we can narrow down the other issues step-by-step, otherwise it's
simply too overwhelming.

Regards,

Markus