Re: Trying to compile a package that depends on bouncycastle

Le 16/07/2014 09:41, Adam Spragg a écrit :

> ABI-incompatible changes without bumping the major version number? And people
> *use* software from upstreams who work in this way?

Unfortunately the BouncyCastle project is known for badly breaking the
compatibility between releases, and this is an important component that
can't be ignored. Hopefully that's the exception and not the rule (the
other well know case being Guava).

> Well, that makes me feel better about giving up and not looking any further
> into this at all. I like my eyes in the non-bleeding state they are currently
> in.
>
> Bugs-nuts insane. Fricking Java, man.

This has nothing to do with Java. Upstream should have provided a proper
build script, try asking them. With Maven, Ant, or Gradle you dot not
have to care about the dependencies and the javac syntax.

Emmanuel Bourg