Re: RFS: openjdk-8/8u5-b13-1 (NEW)

Le 15/07/2014 17:27, Matthias Klose a écrit :

> Even before you did start, I was telling you on irc that I'll keep the openjdk-8
> package as one package, and not splitting it up into different source packages
> depending on the hotspot version specific for that architecture. You did
> continue your own way. The hotspot for ppc64 and ppc64el is now integrated in
> 8u20, that's the reason you don't see a separate hotspot for these architectures.

I didn't intend to drop the ppc64 port, I was just unaware of it.
Otherwise I'd have tried to support it with a separate tarball just like
aarch64. If you remember well I sent you a mail in April to get your
feedback on what I had achieved so far, I also called for review on
debian-java but you never commented on my work. So I'm a bit stunned to
learn 3 months later that you got highly annoyed by the lack of ppc64
support.

> Asking "please give my VCS write access so that I can commit my remaining
> changes" is not going to work for me, giving the history of this packaging and
> the current situation with ecj.

What is going to work to get commit access then? I've done hundreds of
updates over the past year and it went well, I find it a bit unfair to
be judged on the one update that failed.

> I did walk though the committ diffs and applied relevant patches. If I did miss
> any patches, please submit these as bug reports (preferred) or send these as email.

I sent a pull request for icedtea-web, is this an acceptable
contribution format for you?

https://code.launchpad.net/~ebourg/openjdk/icedtea-web/+merge/225908

I don't mind setting up a review process between us, but please don't
leave my requests unanswered for weeks, that's very difficult to
contribute in this condition.

> Please don't send any patches which drop the build support for squeeze or
> wheezy, or any Ubuntu LTS. Please don't drop disabled build support which isn't
> yet re-enabled for openjdk-8. Please don't drop the icedtea-sound tarball, which
> makes backporting this package to earlier releases just easier.

Regarding icedtead-sound, if the same version is used for all JDKs why
not using an independent package? I created the libpulse-java package
with this in mind (that was before Andrew split the driver into a
separate icedtead-sound project, so I'll probably rename the package to
match the upstream name).

>  - build tzdata using openjdk-8

I'll make a proposal for this.

Emmanuel Bourg