Re: openjdk-8 package available for review

Le 08/04/2014 23:36, Miguel Landaeta a écrit :

> Side question: What are our plans (as debian-java team) regarding
> openjdk-8 for jessie? openjdk-7 is going to be our default-jdk but do we
> plan to provide openjdk-8 as preview, right?

OpenJDK 8 in Jessie is a must-have in my opinion, and we are now on
track to provide a proper package.

The question of the default-jdk is open for discussion. Fedora 21 will
default to OpenJDK 8 and I wish we could switch as well. David Suarez
has kindly accepted to launch a rebuild of the Java packages with
OpenJDK 8 and we have ~80 packages to fix [1] (see [2] for a summary of
the issues encountered). I started fixing some packages and reporting
the issues upstream, but I think more manpower is needed to fix and
stabilize everything before the freeze.

Emmanuel Bourg

[1] http://87.98.165.193/debian/openjdk8-rebuild/logs-failed-jdk8/
[2] http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/openjdk8-rebuild-analysis.xls