Re: openjdk-8 package available for review

On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 11:22:07PM +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> Thank you for the hint, I forgot to set the QUILT_PATCHES variable in
> debian/rules. You should have QUILT_PATCHES=debian/patches in
> ~/.quiltrc, this allowed me to build the package with debuild. With the
> fixed debian/rules it now builds properly with pbuilder.

Thanks, it was something obvious as I suspected.
My build just started, let's see how it goes for me. :)

> > I tried to build this package this way:
> >
> > DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="parallel=8" debuild -us -uc
>
> Note that the number of cores is probed automatically, you don't have to
> set the 'parallel' option to accelerate the build.

Good to know. I just wanted to be explicit and to use all the hardware
that I have available for this.

Side question: What are our plans (as debian-java team) regarding
openjdk-8 for jessie? openjdk-7 is going to be our default-jdk but do we
plan to provide openjdk-8 as preview, right?

Miguel Landaeta, nomadium at debian.org
secure email with PGP 0x6E608B637D8967E9 available at
http://db.debian.org/fetchkey.cgi?fingerprint=4CB7FE1E280ECC90F29A597E6E608B637D8967E9