Re: Vuze and Java UI apps

On 03/23/2014 02:18 PM, Stephen Nelson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 6:02 PM, tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:
>> On 03/23/2014 10:05 AM, Stephen Nelson wrote:
>> I don't know of a good Java UI package to use as an example, and I'm not
>> sure that you really need one.  The difficulty with Azureus/Vuze (that
>> kept from uploading 4.8.0 in December of 2012 - wow, has it been that
>> long?) is the disabling the auto-update functionality that comes with
>> upstream.
>>

> Hi Tony,
>
> I noticed that in the patches. I'm happy to look into the source to
> see if those patches still apply or need further changes.
>
> One thing that might cause an issue is that upstream is using SWT 4.2
> whereas Debian has 3.8.2 in testing. I assume that upgrading will be a
> big job?

Hi Stephen,

Honestly, I don't know how much worth that will be, but suspect that
it'll be non-trivial.  Jakub Adam or Niels Thykier might be able to
provide some pointers.

However, having libswt-gtk-4 packages in the archive would probably be
useful for number of other applications... :)

Cheers,
tony