Re: Vuze and Java UI apps

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 6:02 PM, tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:
> On 03/23/2014 10:05 AM, Stephen Nelson wrote:
> I don't know of a good Java UI package to use as an example, and I'm not
> sure that you really need one.  The difficulty with Azureus/Vuze (that
> kept from uploading 4.8.0 in December of 2012 - wow, has it been that
> long?) is the disabling the auto-update functionality that comes with
> upstream.

Hi Tony,

I noticed that in the patches. I'm happy to look into the source to
see if those patches still apply or need further changes.

One thing that might cause an issue is that upstream is using SWT 4.2
whereas Debian has 3.8.2 in testing. I assume that upgrading will be a
big job?

Many thanks,

Stephen