Re: Vuze and Java UI apps

On 03/23/2014 10:05 AM, Stephen Nelson wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I had a look at packaging the latest release of Azureus/Vuze and have
> managed to get the app working without too many issues. Some bugs
> against the package indicate the current packaging isn't up to scratch.
>
> I've not worked on packaging a Java application that has a UI, so I was
> wondering if there are some exemplar Java UI packages that I can use as
> a reference?

Hi Stephen,

I'm glad that someone is taking a look at updating Azureus.  Having an
updated package will be welcome.

I don't know of a good Java UI package to use as an example, and I'm not
sure that you really need one.  The difficulty with Azureus/Vuze (that
kept from uploading 4.8.0 in December of 2012 - wow, has it been that
long?) is the disabling the auto-update functionality that comes with
upstream.

Cheers,
tony