Re: State of Jenkins in Debian

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM, James Page <james.page@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi Team
>
> I'm writing here first before I file a formal RFH or O in the hope
> that someone in the team might have the capacity to take up the mantle
> of maintaining Jenkins in Debian.

Hi James,

I hope that Jenkins can be kept in Debian, as I think it's an
extremely useful piece of Java software that many developers interact
with on a daily basis.

I don't have the experience in packaging to take on the package myself
but would be interested in assisting the effort if other more
experienced members in the Java group would lead.

With regards to the complexity of Kohsuke's mind, is the task made
easier by the fact that the software is already packaged and therefore
the most difficult task has been achieved, or are there difficult
tasks added on every version bump?

Thanks for your work on getting the software packaged in the first
place. I hope it continues to live in Debian.

Cheers

Stephen