Re: RFS: eclipse-eclox (new package)

On 2013-06-27 14:37, Graham Inggs wrote:
> I've made contact with Guillaume Brocker and he is happy to release Eclox
> under a different license.
> Which would be better for Debian; GPL + permission to combine with Eclipse,
> or EPL?

Of those two, either should do (though it assumes a proper wording of
the "permission to combine with Eclipse"). :)

The EPL has the advantage of being "definitely compatible" but it may be
to liberal in some cases[1].

~Niels

[1] I remember talking to one upstream who had an issue in that regard
that therefore preferred GPL with extra permissions.  I don't remember
the exact details though.  For the curious, I /think/ it was related to
eclim (#551861), but ...