Re: upload of java-common 0.49

On 2013-05-22 17:31, tony mancill wrote:
> [...]
>
> Hi Niels,
>
> I appreciate your feedback.  I guess Java7 should be considered a
> "transition" and thus should go through the Release Team.

At least that is what I suspect.

> IMO, I don't think we need 100% success on the rebuild - i.e. I'd prefer
> that we get everyone building and uploading with Java7 as soon as is
> reasonable.  That is, I think some breakage is acceptable and will help
> us decide what is important to get working with Java7 and what is too
> old or crufty and should be removed.

Perhaps, but nothing is preventing us from getting rid of old/crufty
stuff already now.  At the moment we got 32 unfixed bugs and that
presumes a second rebuild will not find any new issues.

> Can you edify me about how to coordinate/request the rebuild?

Basically I just had a chat with lucas asking him to rebuild all java
packages in sid with default-jdk from experimental.  As I recall we had
to provide a list of packages (I think I used "dak rm -nR java-common"
or "dak rm -nR -b default-jdk" as basis for that [on ries.d.o]).
  Last time we had some failures because the plugin was defaulting to
Java6 at the time and that tripped out B-D resolution for some reason
(don't remember why - but it caused false-positive build failures).

Perhaps we could move the icedtea-plugin package to java-common first
and then do the rebuild to avoid these.  I believe doko was supporting
the move of that package so we only had one package for all "defaults".

> I will dcut the upload and will clean up (delete) the tag in svn/pkg-java.
>
> Thank you,
> tony

~Niels