Re: jnlp policies (resurrected)

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Le 14/05/2013 15:25, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :
>
>> Then simply points your web browser to
>> http://localhost/pixelmed/DicomCleaner.html (for example).
>
> I tried that and launched one of the applications. If I'm not mistaken
> the jar files were downloaded from
> http://www.dclunie.com/pixelmed/software/webstart due to the codebase
> attribute specified in the JNLP files. Isn't the intended behavior to
> use the local jars instead?

Hum :( In this case please fill in a bug report, I must have missed
something. Thanks.

> IMHO if these applications are only supposed to be run locally I'd
> rather install several shortcuts in the desktop menu. That's easier to
> use and better integrated with the system. The JNLP file can still be
> used to generate a .desktop file invoking the JRE with the right
> classpath and system properties.

That was *precisely* the point of this thread :)
I'll add a new package: pixelmed-apps-java which will provide the JNLP
and .desktop files, while pixelmed-www will depends on -apps-java and
install the *.html files.

Thanks