Re: GlassFish 3.x

Le 11/05/2013 13:51, Markus Karg a écrit :
> I noticed that even jessie and sid both still provide the same outdated
> GlassFish 2.x release, while there is GlassFish 3.x release available
> since years. I am an experienced Java Programmer and GlassFish
> administrator and would love to see jessie to provide 3.x instead of
> 2.x. What do I have to do to make this happen?

Hi Markus,

Thank you for offering your help, it's much needed. The most difficult
part is to get used to the tools and the policies necessary to build the
Debian packages. Hopefully there is plenty of documentation and many
people ready to help.

As a first step I would suggest to set up a dev environment and build
the GlassFish 2.x package. Once you are comfortable with this part you
can start upgrading it to the latest upstream release.

Emmanuel Bourg