Re: Frustration with trying to build Debian packages from Maven-based sources

Hilko Bengen:
> Hi,
>
> what follows is a somewhat rant-y account of the things that can go
> wrong when someone who is experienced in Debian packaging (but rather
> new to this Java thing) tries to prepare pacakges that are built using
> Maven:

Hi Hilko,

thank you for working on java stuff. I can perfectly understand your
frustration. We're well aware of many shortcomings of our tools and the
general pain of packaging java software. We're slowly working on improving the
situation and can only kindly ask for patience and help.

I haven't read all of your mail yet but will do so when I'll have my next time
slice to work on debian-java.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro