jackson licensing (was: Re: Frustration with trying to build Debian packages from Maven-based sources)

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 01:10 +0100, Hilko Bengen wrote:
> * Wolodja Wentland:
>
> > On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 16:47 +0100, Hilko Bengen wrote:
> >
> >> Initially, all I wanted to do was to build a proper Debian package for
> >> ElasticSearch (#660826). It turns out that some needed
> >> build-dependencies are not in Debian yet, so I start with version 2 of
> >> jackson-core by downloading the jackson-core-2.1.4...
> >
> > Would you mind filing an ITP for jackson-core2?
>
> I can do that, once there is hope that I can get the package built.
>
> I had noticed the licensing situation, but haven't done anyhing about it
> so far.

Okay, I looked into this and contacted upstream about the situation [0]. It
looks as if version 1.* of jackson does contain suitable licensing information
in release-notes/{lgpl,asl}/LICENSE and is therefore distributable by us.
Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case for version 2, but this will
(hopefully) be resolved soon.

[0] http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.codehaus.jackson.dev#query:list%3Aorg.codehaus.jackson.dev+page:1+mid:repexr3kb6gn4uam+state:results
--
Wolodja <debian@babilen5.org>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA  36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC