Re: Package libjide-oss-java

On 03/16/2013 11:02 AM, Markus Koschany wrote:

> I will file the ITP bug report soon and add the missing bug number to
> the changelog. I'm familiar with Alioth's Git and svn VCS and i presume
> pkg-java behaves like pkg-games. I haven't figured out yet how the
> sponsoring process in the Java Team is working though. The Games team,
> for example, has a dedicated wiki page and a "queue" for such requests.
> Do you use something similar or do you simply prefer a short mail to the
> list?

Hello Markus,

For pkg-java, the sponsoring process is typically a mail to the list
with "RFS: $package $why" in the subject line.  See [1] for a recent
example.  The sponsor then responds to the list with either notification
of the upload or an "ITS" (intent to sponsor) if the sponsoring might
take a while.

(I like the idea of a wiki/queue for this, though.)

Thank you for contributing to the project.

Cheers,
tony

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2013/03/msg00054.html