Re: Package libjide-oss-java

Hi Markus,

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 05:50:38PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Although i'm willing to maintain the package myself, i figured a java
> library would be better off in a dedicated team and i also prefer team
> maintained packages. So if you are interested in it, i would happily put
> the package under the umbrella of the Java Team.

That's a good idea.

> ago because he wanted to free the igv package. I think i have managed to
> create a DFSG free jide-oss package, the license is GPL-2 with classpath
> exception, and it builds fine without the Apple laf classes. Probably
> more packages could benefit from the jide-oss package and convenience
> copies could be removed.

Great!

> Please let me know if you think jide-oss can be integrated in your team.
> Every other feedback is also much appreciated.

I'm not reading debian-java list (thanks for the CC).  If for whatever
reason you will not find a sponsor inside the Java team I'd volunteer to
upload.  IMHO the package fits well into a Debian Java VCS but if there
might be some reason raised against this - we have some prerequisites
for packages in the Debian Med repository also in the Debian Med VCS -
so this could serve as a fallback.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--