Re: Package libjide-oss-java

On 2013-03-16 09:17, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Markus,

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in packaging Java libraries and applications
for Debian.

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 05:50:38PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:
>> Although i'm willing to maintain the package myself, i figured a java
>> library would be better off in a dedicated team and i also prefer team
>> maintained packages. So if you are interested in it, i would happily put
>> the package under the umbrella of the Java Team.
>
> That's a good idea.

Packaging it under the Java Team would be most welcome.  That said, we
will generally rely on you to do the "day-to-day" maintenance of the
package.
  The great thing about putting packages under the team is that it
allows us (i.e. the team) to be more agile when deploying changes that
affect many packages (e.g. Java6 -> Java7 transition).

>> ago because he wanted to free the igv package. I think i have managed to
>> create a DFSG free jide-oss package, the license is GPL-2 with classpath
>> exception, and it builds fine without the Apple laf classes. Probably
>> more packages could benefit from the jide-oss package and convenience
>> copies could be removed.
>
> Great!

Ah, that sounds sweet!

>> Please let me know if you think jide-oss can be integrated in your team.
>> Every other feedback is also much appreciated.
>
> I'm not reading debian-java list (thanks for the CC).  If for whatever
> reason you will not find a sponsor inside the Java team I'd volunteer to
> upload.  IMHO the package fits well into a Debian Java VCS but if there
> might be some reason raised against this - we have some prerequisites
> for packages in the Debian Med repository also in the Debian Med VCS -
> so this could serve as a fallback.
>
> Kind regards
>
>      Andreas.

It would be welcome in the pkg-java team.  :)

~Niels