Re: How do I express that a package is meant for stable?

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM, Joachim Zobel <jz-2013@heute-morgen.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 25.10.2013, 22:59 -0700 schrieb Vincent Cheng:
>> Essentially, you have to request permission from the
>> release team first
>
> What is the best way to do that?

Quoting devref §5.5.1 (which I linked to in my last email, and which I
assume you've already read):

"To ensure that your upload will be accepted, you should discuss the
changes with the stable release team before you upload. For that, file
a bug against the release.debian.org pseudo-package using reportbug,
including the patch you want to apply to the package version currently
in stable. Always be verbose and detailed in your changelog entries
for uploads to the stable distribution."

Vincent