Re: RFS: freemind 0.9.0+dfsg-3 [RC]

Hi Willem,

On 04.10.2013 23:45, W. van den Akker wrote:
[...]
> Yes I am almost finishing rc5 also. I must make some last changes before
> it can be uploaded.
> I hope to finish it this weekend so it can be uploaded to unstable.
> Just have to look for a sponsor to do so. I have also contact with Felix
> Natter, he is advising me and
> I am working on his last suggestions.
> I am sure want to join the Java Team, although Java isn't my first
> programming language ;)

I've had some good experiences with debian-java and if you are looking
for advice or a sponsor it surely is a good place to start.

I don't know what kind of difficulties you are facing with the latest
upstream version at the moment but you might also want to consider to
upload just a fix for #713144 et al. In fact Freemind is currently
pretty broken due to the changes of libjgoodies-forms-java 1.6 and this
upload would quickly resolve the most pressing issues.

After that you can continue to work on further improving Freemind 1.0.

Regards,

Markus