Re: RFS: freemind 0.9.0+dfsg-3 [RC]

"W. van den Akker" <wvdakker@wilsoft.nl> writes:

> On Fri, 2013-10-04 at 19:27 +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
>
>     On 04.10.2013 19:07, Markus Koschany wrote:
>
>     > I haven't seen any progress on this since we talked about freemind on
>     > IRC several weeks ago, so I thought a limited fix for the most urgent
>     > issues would be OK.
>
>     Whoops, obviously you had already uploaded a new package to mentors.
>     Sorry, I completely missed it. Since you have packaged the latest
>     upstream release, I think it might make more sense to upload this
>     package to unstable. Interested in joining the Java Team? What do you think?
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Markus
>
> Hi Markus,
>
> Yes I am almost finishing rc5 also. I must make some last changes before it can be
> uploaded.

hi Willem,

Andrew Harvey and I are almost finished with the jmapviewer package
(http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-osm/jmapviewer.git).
I fixed all lintians and it works fine with Freeplane.
=> You should try whether jmapviewer-1.0+dfsg1-1 works (builds+runs)
with FreeMind too, and I think you can already use it in your package.

> I hope to finish it this weekend so it can be uploaded to unstable.
> Just have to look for a sponsor to do so. I have also contact with Felix Natter, he is
> advising me and
> I am working on his last suggestions.

Unfortunately I think there is quite a bit to do, among others to use
'gbp import-orig' to put the source in the git repo, see my mail
(again, tell me if you need help with this).

IMHO you should use the time until 1.0.0 is released to fix these
things, get some patches included upstream etc. :-)

> I am sure want to join the Java Team, although Java isn't my first programming
> language ;)

That's not a requirement :-)

Cheers and Best Regards,
--