Re: Update of rsyntaxtextarea

Hi Benjamin,

On 09/21/2013 11:58 AM, Benjamin Mesing wrote:
> [resent to debian-java since it seems not to have reached
> pkg-java-maintainers@l.a.d.o]
>
> Hello,
>
> currently the package rsyntaxtextarea is maintained by Vladimir Kotov
> and Debian Java Maintainers. The package is in good shape but has not
> seen any updates to a recent upstream version for two years. I suspect
> no one is actively maintaining this package. Also there are no reverse
> dependencies.

rsyntaxtextarea (v1.5) is one of the dependencies for one of
squirrel-sql plugins I was working on some time ago (ITP #559867).
Unfortunately packaging of squirrel and its plugins is not finished
(stuck on initial version and second round of review).

> Since I require a more recent version, I would like to package and
> upload the new version.

Sounds great.

> When packaging the new version I intend to remove the maven parts,
> because they are not provided upstream and add to the packaging
> complexity. The package has a popcon inst of "7" and a vote of "0", so I
> suspect that nobody will notice. Please let me know, if you object.

IIRC, the pom was not provided upstream (squirrel is maven based), so
its was fetched from the Maven central repository by target in debian/rules.

Vladimir Kotov, vladimir at kotov.lv