Re: gephi debian package

Hi there.

On Mar 04 2013, Ximin Luo wrote:
> Hi, apparently there is a proper Debianised effort (adhering to Debian's
> dyn-link and source licensing requirements) going on:
>
> http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Specification_-_Debian_Package

>From a quick look at that, I see that there are very few things needed to
have the package being part of Debian. What is the status of this?

> I've CC'd the person in charge of that page here.
>
> Andy, could you give us an update on how this is going? I could be happy
> to take over the packaging effort, if there is not much work left.

It would be super nice to have this packaged in Debian, as there are Massive
Online Courses that will use this tool for (of course) educational purposes:

    https://www.coursera.org/course/sna

I wonder if, somehow, changing to team-maintenance wouldn't be better for
the package overall? Perhaps the highly skilled people that already package
Java things for Debian may be interested in this? I'm CCing them.

Otherwise, changing the status from ITP to RFP would free people to work on
it instead of the "deadlock" here. After all, the original bug was filed on
"1 Dec 2011" which will soon complete 2 years! (I almost did this without
asking for other people's opinions).

I would be superb to have this submitted to the archives in time for the
beginning of the course.

Regards,

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA