Re: Java Release goals for Jessie

Hey everybody,

I put my name under:

* Move icedtea-plugin (or eqv.) into java-common source package

My main reason is due to the fact that "icedtea-plugin" always seemed to be isolated from rest of the "java-common". What makes everything a lot worse is that it would not even be installed by default.

* Start packaging of OpenJDK-8 package. It is expected to next March/April.

I added my name along with note that collaboration would be more then welcome. For some time now I'm looking for an opportunity to get involved with OpenJDK, and packaging its latest version would be a thrill ride for me. Besides all, I'm in love with bleeding edge and this could definitely be a win win situation.

Please inform me if you have any additional questions or comments.

Adnan