Re: Java Release goals for Jessie

"Install the Java sources into the -doc packages as a .jar"

I'm not a big fan of this goal, the reasoning being the same as the one
driving the removal of the javadoc jars from the documentation packages
(#711852).

AFAIK the javadoc jar and the source jar are only useful to browse the
source from an IDE like Eclipse or IntelliJ. But I doubt any sane
developer is going to point its IDE to /usr/share/maven-repo instead of
Maven central since the artifacts there are heavily tweaked to
facilitate the package building.

Am I missing an important use case for the source jars?

Emmanuel Bourg