Aw: Re: Re: Re: [pkg-fso-maint] RFS: androidsdk-tools 22+git20130416~f55ffbb-1 (new)

> Oh, I see some misunderstanding in what Android SDK *Tools* are. Sadly they won't help
> you much with developing and compiling Android applications. These are more of a debugging
> and profiling tools that allow you to connect to running Android device, inspect what
> processes are running inside, monitor memory usage, view system logs etc.

Sounds like a good start for a package description :o)

> For GUI applications, HierarchyViewer for example can show you the widget tree, inspect how
> widgets are drawn, how long do layout/painting operations take etc. See some URLs I've
> included here, or read manual pages of androidsdk-tools I wrote and that are to great
> extent based on those (CC Attribution 2.5 licensed) web pages.

Thank you tons for the clarification. Anyway, a Wiki page about how to get with Debian
from Android source code to a running application and then use the Android SDK *Tools*
to debug and and profile it, would be of help.

Best,

Steffen