Re: RFS: cdk 1.4.9-1

On 2012-05-23 16:07, Egon Willighagen wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
>> I "just" read the diff between our current version (1.2.10) and the RFS
>> version 1.4.9.  Actually, thanks you just made me realize that it FTBFS
>> when built twice in a row!
>
> Ah, right! Yes, from 1.2 to 1.4 there are API changes...
>
> Please do provide me details about build fails... part of it is prob
> Debian specific, but some perhaps also CDK specific... the latter I
> like to hear about :)

The issue is that it fails to clean properly - at least some (java)doc
files are not cleaned, but also some non-text files (can't remember - I
didn't pay too much attention to it).  I haven't actually investigated
the failure that deeply, so it may be trivial to fix.  :)

>> [...]
>>
>> Actually, the first two turns out to be meta-packages, but
>> python-cinfony appears to be a genuine reverse dependency.
>
> Stupid of me to forget about Cinfony!
>
> Cinfony 1.1 should work fine with CDK 1.4.x:
> http://baoilleach.blogspot.com/2011/12/cinfony-11-released.html
>
> That post tells about a compile against 1.4.5, but as said, within
> 1.4.x there are no API changes (or very minor ones).
>
> Egon

Good to know, looks like the reverse-dependencies will not pose an issue
then.  :)

~Niels