Re: RFS: cdk 1.4.9-1

On 2012-05-19 14:56, Onkar Shinde wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for sponsorship for cdk 1.4.9-1. The packaging bits have
> been updated in pkg-java svn. I have also uploaded new source package
> on mentors.d.n
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cdk/cdk_1.4.9-1.dsc
>
> Please note that the upload will go through binary new as it adds a
> new -doc package containing API documentation.
>
> Latest changelog entry
> cdk (1:1.4.9-1) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * New upstream release. (Closes: #635182, LP: #280189)
>   * Build -doc package containing api docs.
>   * Refresh patch as per latest upstream source.
>   * Exclude modules inchi, libiocml, signature, smsd, tautomer, iordf as their
>     build dependencies are not in packaged yet.
>

> Cheers,
> Onkar

Hi,

It seems that some public methods are changing signature and also that
some public constants are disappearing in this release (compared to our
current version).  Have you (build-)tested the reverse dependencies of cdk?

The new doc package does not get any recommends despite using jh_depends
- I am not entirely sure what goes wrong because the javadoc is at least
linked against default-jdk-doc and at first sight the d/control looks
correct.

~Niels