Re: javaws / jnlp policies ?

2012-03-06 22:18, Mathieu Malaterre skrev:
[CC me please]

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Barry Hawkins<barry@alltc.com>  wrote:

3.) Does OpenJDK fully support javaws/jnlp, and in particular the
application(s) being considered for packaging? If not, bear in mind that
these packages will always live in non-free if they require the official
Oracle JDK.

Launching of jnlp files are supported by the javaws tool from the icedtea-web project and can be used in combination with icedtea built openjdk.

apt-get install icedtea-netx
javaws http://jogamp.org/deployment/jogamp-current/jogl-application-version.jnlp

It would be nice if the jnlp file suffix/mimetype gets associated with the icedtea-netx provided javaws tool.
It should then be possible to launch .jnlp files from within the web-browser and nautilus.

You can use javaws to start your the .jnlp files below:

I have no background on whether or not jnlp should/should not be
dropped. My only interested is on the pixelmed package:

$ apt-get source pixelmed
$ find pixelmed-20111230 -name \*.jnlp
pixelmed-20111230/webstart/DicomImageViewer.jnlp
pixelmed-20111230/webstart/DoseUtility.jnlp
pixelmed-20111230/webstart/ConvertAmicasJPEG2000FilesetToDicom.jnlp
pixelmed-20111230/webstart/DicomCleaner.jnlp
pixelmed-20111230/webstart/DicomImageBlackout.jnlp
pixelmed-20111230/webstart/WatchFolderAndSend.jnlp
pixelmed-20111230/webstart/MediaImporter.jnlp

I personnally use (offline) DicomImageViewer, DoseUtility&
DicomCleaner. However I /could/ imagine that some users would want
those distributed as original jnlp instead of command line script.

Thanks again for comments,

Cheers
Xerxes