Re: RFS: eclipse-mylyn (2nd try)

On 2012-02-24 18:28, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
>> I suspect it would be easier / faster to remove the class files and
>> recompile them than clarify to the ftp-masters why there are precompiled
>> sources hidden in a jar file.
>>
>> To be honest, I had hoped for a "drive-by" review on this one.  I know
>> we in src:eclipse remove dummy classes / compiled interfaces only to
>> rebuild them at runtime (but those weren't "tests").  If it FTBFS after
>> you start recompiling it (due to test failures), let me know.
>
> removed the remaining binaries from upstream tarball and added a brief
> note about changed zip archives to d/README.Debian-source in case somebody
> will want to enable the affected test cases.
>
> I hope the package is ok for upload now... :)
>
> Thank you for your time
>
> Jakub

Hey,

Sorry for the two week delay (again >.>).

The pristine-tar branch was out of date and the regenerated tarball
(debian/get-orig-source) generates some different binary files, so I can
compile it[1].

As far as I can tell, the generated tarball contains class files in (at
least) the project2.zip, and I see no "unzip/strip/zip" magic in
debian/get-orig-source, so I am guessing thats the issue.

~Niels

"""
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to
eclipse-mylyn/org.eclipse.mylyn.context/org.eclipse.mylyn.context.tests/testdata/projects/project1.zip:
binary file contents changed
[...]
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to
eclipse-mylyn/org.eclipse.mylyn.context/org.eclipse.mylyn.context.tests/testdata/projects/project2.zip: