Re: Move libspring packaging to Git?

Hi Thomas,

(Sorry for the delay answering this).

> - Would you be so kind to sign the Git tags? The signature basically tells me
> that you're kind of sure that the Git repo contains the original upstream code
> without malicious changes by a third party.

Good idea, let's use that feature with the most recent upstream release.

> - Why do you add ".RELEASE" to the upstream tags? Should this suffix also go in
> the final Debian package version number?

I was just using the upstream version naming convention. I did the
same with libspring-security-2.0-java package.

> - Some people do the debianization in the master branch and I also prefer to
> have the debian/ dir already checked out when cloning from git.debian.org.
> What's your preference?

I do the same thing. However since the package was not ready, I prefer
to do my work on a branch named debianization and when I consider it
ready to go to the archive, first I merge that into master branch.

> - There's no pristine-tar branch. Would you like to start using it?

Since I am not able to upload new packages (I'm not a DD yet but some
day, I'm hopeful) I prefer to push to that branch only when my sponsor
uploads the tarball and it gets accepted in the archive. That's the
reason why there is not pristine-tar branch yet.

> - the debian/00TODO file only contains one item. If that's all that's left,
> could you be so kind to finish the package? Or is there more to do so that it
> makes sense for me to dive into it? I've no idea so far about spring at all.
>
> - What would you like me to do?

To be honest this package is 99% ready to be uploaded, I just need to
check if jar files classpath is correct. I can do this during this
week or over the next weekend.

Also, it would be nice to have a binary package named
libspring-security-aspects-java but I have not figured out yet how to
build it. However, this is not a obstacle at all (unless you need this
particular library) because this package can be added in a future
upload.

Since there is not much to do right now but you are going to be an
user of these libraries, you can join in as co-maintainer.

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x6E608B637D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/