Re: Ubuntu Quantal Quetzal will default to OpenJDK7

On 2012-04-27 10:34, James Page wrote:
> Hi Team

Hi,

> [...]
>
> This will be discussed in more detail at UDS-Q in two weeks time:
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-q-java7
>
> It would be helpful if anyone with interest in this work from the team
> could attend - either in person (its in Oakland, CA) or remotely (the
> OpenJDK guys will be participating remotely and are based in Europe so
> I will be aiming for an early morning slot - probably around 1600 UTC).

I might be interested in attending remotely, do we know what day it will be?

> I'd like to aim to remove openjdk6 from the archive for quantal but
> realistically I expect it will just be deprecated and remain in the
> universe section.

If I read [1] (and its links) right, there are less than 60 bugs left in
Ubuntu at the moment.  If so, I suspect a small passionate/dedicated
group of people should be able to do it in time for quantal.
  I am not claimin to be a "passionate/dedicated" indiviual, but I could
be convinced to assist with an upload or two.  On a related note, how
many of the bugs are filed in Debian and do we have a usertag tracking
them[2]?

> I'll also ensure that all bug fixes made to complete this transition
> are fed back to Debian.
>
> Cheers
>
> James

Much appreciated.  :)

~Niels

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JavaTeam/Java7Default

[2] That is, other than:
"""
User: ubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Usertags: origin-ubuntu precise ubuntu-patch
"""

Which is not very good to find only openjdk-7 related ones.