Re: Help with CLASSPATH needed (Was: Need help with packaging: ...)

> what might be the difference between ant-junit.jar and junit.jar

ant-junit.jar is an extension for Ant which provides the <junit> task to
Ant. It relies on junit.jar to provide the actual JUnit classes used to
run the tests.

> why it seems impossible to tweak a valid CLASSPATH into the build
system without patching it

You could have use:

override_jh_build:
  ant -Djavac.classpath=/usr/share/java/junit.jar:/usr/share/java/jdom1.jar

The author of Options made life simple for himself, leaving the
packaging of his project to the default build system provided by
Netbeans, but it's quite a complex Ant script not easily amendable to
the kind of customizations required for Debian packaging.

Ludovic