Re: openjdk-6 segfaults and gcc-4.6.1 failures

On 08/04/2011 02:34 PM, Tom Marble wrote:
> On 08/04/2011 02:41 AM, Matthias Klose wrote:
>> which architectures?
> Attempting to build on amd64.
>
>> which versions?
> I used openjdk-6 6b18-1.8.9-0.1 for bootstrapping, but I'm quite
> interested in your opinion of how far we should have openjdk-6
> track upstream (IcedTea + Oracle)?
>
>> do you see additional failures in the jtreg tests?
> I was attempted to rebuild jigsaw and, alas, as the build
> failed I did not get to the jtreg tests.

The build logs for the packages should have the test summaries included.

>> it may be better to trace this in the debian or icedtea bug tracker.
> Right.. as soon as I have identified a specific cause
> I will file a bug.
>
> The purpose for my mail is it seems we're having some
> trouble building on mips due to gcc 4.6 as well (and so
> I'm wondering if we're tripping over the same gcc issue).

seems to be related to gcj-4.6, which apparently works well enough for the
stage2 builds on other architectures.

Please do use the version from experimental for your tests. once this version
builds on mips/mipsel, it should be uploaded to unstable.