Re: unsupporting Architecture: mips

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 04:45:53PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> On 07/29/2011 12:02 AM, Ludovic Claude wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >Would it be possible to use OpenJDK Zero on Mips, but without the Shark
> >JIT. This would render Java very slow on this architecture, but at least
> >there would be something, and this would reduce the impact on other
> >packages such as Subversion.
> >
> >It looks like this plan is feasible, at least according to this faq. Now
> >I have never compiled a JDK, so take this idea with care...
> >
> >http://icedtea.classpath.org/wiki/ZeroSharkFaq
>
> see the build failures for openjdk-6 and openjdk-7 in experimental.
> I fixed the ones for sparc, powerpc, s390; it's up to somebody else
> to fix it on mips (and kfreebsd).

Both build failures in experimental are due to the switch to gcj-4.6 as
a bootstrapping compiler. They build fine when using gcj-4.4, and it
seems it's what has to be done so that mips doesn't block anything. I am
working to find the issue in gcj-4.6, but it will take more time.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73