Re: openjdk-6 segfaults and gcc-4.6.1 failures

On 08/04/2011 02:41 AM, Matthias Klose wrote:
> which architectures?
Attempting to build on amd64.

> which versions?
I used openjdk-6 6b18-1.8.9-0.1 for bootstrapping, but I'm quite
interested in your opinion of how far we should have openjdk-6
track upstream (IcedTea + Oracle)?

> do you see additional failures in the jtreg tests?
I was attempted to rebuild jigsaw and, alas, as the build
failed I did not get to the jtreg tests.

> it may be better to trace this in the debian or icedtea bug tracker.
Right.. as soon as I have identified a specific cause
I will file a bug.

The purpose for my mail is it seems we're having some
trouble building on mips due to gcc 4.6 as well (and so
I'm wondering if we're tripping over the same gcc issue).

Regards,

--Tom