Re: best practices for security branches in pkg-java SVN repo

On 02/13/2011 11:13 AM, Vincent Fourmond wrote:

>>> +1
>>
>> I agree. I've done this for tomcat6 and updated the JavaSvn page.
>> (Unfortunately the default svn-buildpackage --svn-tag doesn't do the right thing
>> automatically, so the tag has to be created explicitly.)
>
>   What do you mean by that ? Where does svn-buildpackage send tags ?
>
>   For me, it makes sense to have all tags in the
> tags/${package}/${version}, regardless of the branch from which they
> come from. The idea is just to have just one place to copy from when
> one has to start a new branch.

Yes, I agree and this is what I documented.  However, svn-buildpackage
--svn-tag won't do without explicitly setting tagsUrl.  (Instead, it
drops the version tag directly in ./pkg-java/tags/.)  I may write a
patch for it since the ./${repo}/branches/${pkg-name}/${branch}/
convention seems fairly well-established.

Thanks,
tony