Re: best practices for security branches in pkg-java SVN repo

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 6:51 PM, tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:
> Are there established practices (i.e. naming conventions) for branching
> in the SVN repo in order to provide support over the lifetime of stable?
>
> I need to prepare a security update for tomcat6 for squeeze and would
> like to continue to use the SVN repo, but also want to move forward for
> unstable.  I browsed around in pkg-java/branches, but there seem to be
> many conventions. :)

  Hmmm... You have a point here.

> I am considering ./branches/${package-name}/squeeze-security/

  I think that's probably the sanest place. Just when you upload, make
sure you --svn-tag.

  A question: do you think it is a good idea to update the
debian/control Vcs fields to point to the branch directory ? My
opinion is that it should be, so that the control file of the package
uploaded to squeeze-security corresponds to the place where
development of that particular branch actually occurs.

> Are there alternative suggestions that have worked well in the past?
> I didn't see anything on the JavaSvn wiki [1].

  Then, go ahead, you're welcome to document ;-)...

  Cheers,

      Vincent