Re: best practices for security branches in pkg-java SVN repo

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 7:42 PM, tony mancill <tony@mancill.com> wrote:
>> On 12/02/2011 19:02, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>>>   A question: do you think it is a good idea to update the
>>> debian/control Vcs fields to point to the branch directory ? My
>>> opinion is that it should be, so that the control file of the package
>>> uploaded to squeeze-security corresponds to the place where
>>> development of that particular branch actually occurs.
>>
>> +1
>
> I agree. I've done this for tomcat6 and updated the JavaSvn page.
> (Unfortunately the default svn-buildpackage --svn-tag doesn't do the right thing
> automatically, so the tag has to be created explicitly.)

  What do you mean by that ? Where does svn-buildpackage send tags ?

  For me, it makes sense to have all tags in the
tags/${package}/${version}, regardless of the branch from which they
come from. The idea is just to have just one place to copy from when
one has to start a new branch.

  Cheers,

      Vincent