Re: How to package Nuxeo DM, a Java EE application, in Debian

On Feb 8, 2011, at 8:25 PM, Andrew Ross wrote:

> Hi Julian,
>
> Others have covered the constraints for getting your package into
> Debian. There is one possible alternative you might consider if the work
> to package into Debian is too time consuming. You could publish your own
> apt repository containing your package.

It's already been done, as I stated in the beginning of this thread, see:

http://blogs.nuxeo.com/fermigier/2010/07/debian-and-ubuntu-packages-available-for-nuxeo-dm-532-stable.html
http://blogs.nuxeo.com/fermigier/2010/12/new-beta-nuxeo-dm-package-debian-ubuntu.html

> I hope this gives you an alternative

It is an alternative, but if we found it satisfactory, we wouldn't be pushing so hard to get the packages in Debian and Ubuntu.

  S.

http://www.nuxeo.com/ - +33 1 40 33 79 87 - http://twitter.com/sfermigier
Join the Nuxeo Group on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/groups?gid=43314
New Nuxeo release: http://nuxeo.com/dm54
"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."