Re: Copyright on Debian scripts in non-free Sun JRE?

David Gerard <dgerard@gmail.com> writes:

> It occurs to me there must have been some semi-automated way to produce
> the recent Oracle Java packages. Were these done with java-package, or
> by some other means? Because duplicating that setup would, of course,
> produce debs just right to replace the debs of old Sun versions.

Yeah, I assume there's a packaging repository or something around
somewhere, but I personally don't know how the actual Java packages were
maintained.  Maybe someone else on the list can weigh in on that.

I don't think they were done with java-package, since the Oracle Java
packages were maintained for quite some time after java-package was
removed from the archive, including packages of versions that would have
run into that java-package bug.  Unless they were done with a version of
java-package that wasn't uploaded, but that seems strange.