Re: Maven 3.x in experimental

On 11-12-30 07:45 AM, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
Hi Java team!

Maven 3.x is now available in experimental in a new _maven_ debian package.
You'll also need updated _maven2_ package (>= 2.2.1-11) to allow side-by-side
installation (I'm using alternatives to allow user to choose between "mvn" cli
tool).

Please test and report any issue. I'm especially interrested in FTBFS w/ maven
3 or wrong plugin version.

Roadmap (I'm looking for help here :) :
- update toolchain (maven-ant-helper, maven-debian-helper) to allow packages
to build with maven 3.x
- update plugins to be in sync with upstream (maybe allowing multiple plugins
version in archive... ?)

That idea has been shot down many times in the past ... might not be worth to try for it again..

- made maven 3 default for wheezy (open question... AFAIK, Fedora already switched)

Maven 3 is MUCH better than Maven 2 and I think it would be a great idea to make it the default replacing Maven 2 .. upstream has no development on Maven 2.

manfred
http://simpligility.com