Re: openjdk-6 and openjdk-7 multiarch installable

Le lundi 26 septembre 2011 à 20:00 +0200, Matthias Klose a écrit :
> On 09/26/2011 07:41 PM, Torsten Werner wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Matthias Klose <doko@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >> hmm, on second thought, I think this looks wrong. at build time you always have
> >> the output of dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH available, so you can
> >> adjust it.  At runtime that should be handled by all our different java wrapper
> >> scripts.
> >
> > $ dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH
> > x86_64-linux-gnu
> >
> > How does that help setting JAVA_HOME? DEB_HOST_ARCH looks better but
> > my knowledge about multiarch is limited.
>
> JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-$(DEB_HOST_ARCH)
Well, at build time, I understand but how do you do at runtime ? There
are programs which need to guess the actual path and which won't depend
on our java wrappers...
Call dpkg-architecture ?

It would have been nice to discuss a bit about that before the
upload ...

Sylvestre