Removing Class-Path entry from libcommons-logging-java

Dear all,

  I am going through the fop bugs and I see this particular message:

Shouldn't this be fixed in commons-logging ?

Removing the classpath entry from MANIFEST-MF
(06_classpath_manifest.patch in commons-logging)
should fix the problem in applications.
Individual applications might want to add log4j in their
classpath to make their log4j.properties settings work.

Could someone please confirm this bug is a recent regression in
libcommons-logging-java ? And patch 06_classpath_manifest.patch should
be removed (I am guessing this is a lintian fix).

ref:
http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/view/libcommons-logging-java/1.1.1-8/06_classpath_manifest.patch

thanks,
--