Re: maven and javadoc packaging

I just comment the progress of my work,

On Mon, 30 May 2011 18:48:51 +0200 Miguel Telleria de Esteban wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I am still quarreling against my first java and maven package[1].
> Now I have two issues to report with the javadoc .jar file.
>
> MINOR
> *  In the debuild process the javadoc:jar target is CALLED TWICE:
>
>    -  First in the build target (after the package)
>    -  Second in the fakeroot debian/rules binary target

Nothing done to fix it.  For the moment it doesn't bother me (much)

> MAYOR
>
> *  The javadoc files are not included in the binary package.
>
>    Instead the generated esper-4.0.0-javadoc.jar is copied to
>
>    debian/null/usr/share/maven-repo/com/espertech/esper/4.0.0

Several things to note.

The "null" directory string originates from an unitialized attribute in
InstallDocMojo.java inside debian-maven-helper.  I have submitted a bug
on this with a patch.

with this fix the javadoc.jar is installed inside /usr/share/maven-repo
as an artifact.

However now the question is:

    do I really need to install the javadoc .jar file as a maven
    artifact?

    and the answer is NO.  I only wanted to place javadoc HTML files in

    /usr/share/doc/libesper-java-doc/api  dir.

    and, as suggested in #debian-java IRC, this can is easily done with
    a DH file:

    debian/libesper-java-doc.install file containing

	target/apidocs/* usr/share/doc/libesper-java-doc/api

    so I did it and it works, I have my javadoc html files properly
    installed.

There is still a problem, the javadoc .jar file is installed as well in
the u.s.maven-repo and I decided to disable this by setting in
debian/rules

	DEB_MAVEN_INSTALL_DOC_TARGET :=

A final note on this:  Of course I shouldn't need to do this javadoc
manggling myself, mh_make should have done it for me, but I guess this
is due to me not answering mh_make questions or having a bogus control
file.

SO, REMAINING QUESTIONS:

*   Why is the javadoc:jar goal called twice

*   How do I have to use mh_make to:

    *  Automagically get a libesper-java-doc.install file.
    *  Not having the install-doc goal called

Regards,

	Miguel

--

      (O-O)