Re: First steps with maven and Java packaging

Hello again,

First of all thanks James for your answer, I have not had time until now
to work on the issue but now I can comment some progress that I have
made.

On Wed, 18 May 2011 14:45:04 +0100 James Page wrote:

> Hi Miguel
>
> On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 11:39 +0200, Miguel Telleria de Esteban wrote:
> >
> > *  Is there a way to disable any test phase in the package?  I would
> >    like to set the property
> >
> >         maven.test.skip = true
> >
> >    but I don't know where, in the debian/ directory place this
> > command.
>
> Set this in debian/maven.properties - it should get picked up
> automatically then.

I have done so but the tests are still activated.  Could it be because
I am still using maven-debian-helper 1.1?...  I guess not, I will
investigate further.

Anyway having the tests activated allow me to check the other two
issues.

> > *  Is there an easy way to generate a POM for libmysql-java?.
> > Should I
> >    file a bug on this package?.  But I guess it will not be the only
> >    one not providing POM content.
>
> Definitely raise a bug; a patch would be great as well - see
> http://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenRepoHelper on how to install the jar
> and POM in the right locations by using maven-repo-helper.

Done, and it was not that hard to fix the package.  Bug report with
patch is available.

Once I installed the patched package maven does not complain more about
missing mysql-connector.

On another hand, this package dates from 2009.  Is it still maintained?
upstream version is much higher.  But this is a different issue for now.

> > *  Why do I have dependency problems with Junit?.  This seems to be
> > a very common package that should work well with Maven.
>
> The junit packages install into the maven repo under version numbers
> 3.x or 4.x so you will need to add the following rule to
> debian/maven.rules to make your package pickup the right version:
>
> junit junit jar s/4\..*/4.x/ * *

Done and it works.

> > *  I am still using maven-debian-helper 1.1 from squeeze.  Should I
> >    backport the 1.4 version in Sid and Wheezy?
>
> 1.4 certainly does alot more that 1.1 - especially when generating the
> initial package (see mh_make) - in fact it can even pull directly
> from a svn repository.

I am considering backporting.

Cheers,

	Miguel