Re: First steps with maven and Java packaging

Hi Miguel

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 11:39 +0200, Miguel Telleria de Esteban wrote:

> *  Is there a way to disable any test phase in the package?  I would
>    like to set the property
>
>         maven.test.skip = true
>
>    but I don't know where, in the debian/ directory place this
> command.

Set this in debian/maven.properties - it should get picked up
automatically then.

> *  Is there an easy way to generate a POM for libmysql-java?.  Should
>    file a bug on this package?.  But I guess it will not be the only
>    one not providing POM content.

Definitely raise a bug; a patch would be great as well - see
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenRepoHelper on how to install the jar
and POM in the right locations by using maven-repo-helper.

> *  Why do I have dependency problems with Junit?.  This seems to be a
>    very common package that should work well with Maven.

The junit packages install into the maven repo under version numbers 3.x
or 4.x so you will need to add the following rule to debian/maven.rules
to make your package pickup the right version:

junit junit jar s/4\..*/4.x/ * *

> *  I am still using maven-debian-helper 1.1 from squeeze.  Should I
>    backport the 1.4 version in Sid and Wheezy?

1.4 certainly does alot more that 1.1 - especially when generating the
initial package (see mh_make) - in fact it can even pull directly from a
svn repository.

Cheers

James

--