Offline javadoc linking with maven-debian-helper/maven

Hi All

After feedback from Niels on my first package for Debian I've been
trying to get a new maven based package (args4j - see [0]) to link its
javadoc against the default-jdk-doc API files provided
in /usr/share/doc/openjdk-6-doc/api.

The package is using maven-debian-helper which calls the maven
javadoc:jar and javadoc:aggregate targets to build the javadoc.

I've tried following the advice in the maven-javadoc-plugin FAQ (see
[1]) by populating the maven.properties file with:

 	maven.javadoc.offlineLinks=/usr/share/doc/openjdk-6-doc/api/

but I can't seem to get maven to generate offline links to the JDK
provided API.  As a result links to classes provided by Java (and I
would suspect any other library) are not generated.

Anyone else run into this issue or have a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers

James

[0] http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-java/args4j.git;a=summary